- In July 2013 the Russian Government approved the road mapfor development of biotechnology and genetic engineering. The document was elaborated by the working group led by Arkadiy Dvorkovich in cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Development;
- To execute the road map the Russian Ministry of industry and trade was given a task of developing a subprogram “Industrial biotechnology” aimed at stimulating industrial biotechnology – the key sector of biotechnology in Russia.
- To develop an interconnected complex of instruments and measures aimed at creating and developing a modern industry in Russia – industrial biotechnology that will be competitive in both internal and external markets.
- Market analysis based on industrial technology and on the prospects of its development;
- Analysis of the existing investment projects and selecting the prior ones, taking into account the projects to substantiate the subprogram’s cost;
- Development of system-wide measures and measures aimed at stimulating production, taking into account their influence on the industrial biotechnology to substantiate the subprogram’s cost;
- Defining key indicator values that reflect the implementation of the “Industrial biotechnology” subprogram and their connection to the measures of the subprogram.
- The program “Industrial biotechnology” within the state program “The development of the industry and increasing its competiveness to 2020” was developed;
- Cost of measures and projects within the subprogram have been substantiated in detail and the analysis of their impact on development of industrial biotechnology in Russia was made.